We envision a world in which it is normal for everyone to protect and restore themselves and their world.
We envision a world that is normal for everyone to protect and restore themselves and their world.
To rapidly accelerate tropical reforestation by inspiring and channeling women’s Nature Based Feminine Leadership into global action
We focus on the creation of resources and experiences that empower women to step into their feminine Nature-based leadership, in support of humanity's identity shift from a consumer species to a restorer species. Our approach is the balance of inner and outer, spiritual and practical, behavioural and ecological pathways towards that shift. This is a process of discovering how to engage, nourish, inspire and activate women into their unique gifts and generosity on behalf of themselves, each other and the forests that we love and need.
We fund a diverse portfolio of tropical reforestation projects that are ethical, community-led, expand natural forest cover and aim to avoid further deforestation. Our projects support local communities and improve livelihoods, protect critically endangered species, and focus on gender parity and the participation of women. They are a direct and measurable way to restore the web of life and mitigate climate change. We are actively encouraging the cultural shift required to grow from a consumer to a restorative culture. We encourage feminine leadership by providing resources, experiences and communities that inspire personal and collective action on behalf of the trees.
1. We call to women through the gateway of their femininity and their desire to restore Nature.
2. We offer them educational tools, resources, courses and community, to build the strength and resilience born of togetherness and reverence born of reconnection to Nature.
3. We seek to normalise a state of nature connectedness out of which new solutions and actions arise: we call this Feminine Nature-Based Leadership.
1. We grow, diversify, support and inspire the global sisterhood to take ownership of our shared mission, co-creating solutions locally and globally, with a focus on funding tropical reforestation as our fastest path to climate repair.
2. We create culture shift campaigns, messaging and events to support the normalisation of everyone giving funds for trees every month.
3. We partner with exemplary, existing tropical reforestation organisations and we channel the funds we raise to them, specifically for tree planting aligned with our reforestation strategy.
4. When we have hit planting 1 million trees per month, we will begin Phase Two of our reforestation strategy, which includes the unification of the reforestation sector and co-creation of the 'meta-map' - a quantifiable pathway to tropical reforestation through whole planet collective responsibility.
In 2016 we successfully campaigned to reach 2,300 women giving monthly, funding 1 million trees annually planted in the tropics through our reforestation partners. As of October 2020, we have now funded over 19 million trees across our projects in Kenya, Madagascar, Brazil, Cameroon, Nepal and India. We have a goal to achieve the planting of 1 billion trees annually through monthly, one-time and partnership donations.
We want to 'be the invitation' we are sending out, which means embodying our vision and mission in very practical ways as individual team members and as an organisation. Our values literally underpin The Map of 5 Choices.Experience It
We choose to wake up and get real about how things really are, both in our own lives and in the greater world. Facing the truth, dealing with what is, and no longer looking away.
We choose co-creation over solo experience and sisterhood (the shared field of transparency and trust) as the ground from which we grow the organisation and call each other into our most authentic selves on behalf of Earth.
We choose to really feel how things are – to experience our bodies as part of nature as we learn how to listen to and embody our wholeness, wildness and natural flow.
We choose to take action from a place of deep listening through heart and body, so that our actions serve connection and we operate in ways that bring heart, mind, body and world into balance and well-being.
We choose to give of our hearts, passions, creativity and gifts in ways that grow ourselves and each other in our collective awakening and service on behalf of life and the natural world.
Our change tool puts life at the center of the Map.
This indicates the choice to work 'with' Life's energies, rather than over-ride or dominate.
To do this we are bringing operations into the flow of the seasons so that our outer activities folow the life cycle, and strengthen our connection to Nature.
TreeSisters is a paradigm shifting, highly experimental, social and behaviour change initiative that seeks to model change from the inside out. Each day – no matter how imperfectly – we seek to create an organisational culture in which we listen to life, cooperate with emergence, step out of the paradigm of pushing and force, and follow the wisdom of Nature's cyclical rhythms.
With The Map of 5 Choices as our guide, we place the restoration of life and our capacity to learn - through and from inner and outer nature - right at the centre of everything we do.
This is why we have created an organisational flow of activities that runs with the solar cycle; so that our work directly relates to the seasonal flow and its inherent support for specific activities. We also craft our weekly team planning around the lunar cycle, so that our way of working deepens connection to our cyclical nature instead of severing it.
As a UK Charity, we have developed five strategic objectives to guide us in fulfilling our Charitable Objectives:
1. Build a mutually supportive global network of Treesisters that 'owns' our mission
2. Inspire and support feminine leadership via shifting consciousness
3. Raise and channel funding into tropical reforestation and protection
4. Develop partnerships to accelerate reforestation and deliver on our mission
5. Become sector leaders in global reforestation and feminine leadership
1. Increasing Green Cover: To promote for the benefit of the public the conservation protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment by promoting biological diversity through increased green cover
2. Education and Women's Leadership: To advance the education of the public in the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment, in particular but not exclusively by the provision of training and support to encourage leadership and participation in the work of the charity and environmental protection in general, with a particular focus on women