We envision a world in which it is normal for everyone to protect and restore themselves and their world.
Is to ethically expand green cover of our world.
To work in harmony with trees and their communities for the planet to survive and thrive.
Our approach is one of a holistic project portfolio. This means that when you donate to us, you are contributing to a carefully and well-vetted project portfolio that supports planting across 10 different locations. We view each project as contributing equal value to make up the whole, with a particular focus on women's empowerment and working with local and indigenous communities and supporting their needs.
TreeSisters is a UK registered social change and reforestation charity that places tropical forest restoration into everyone's hands.
Through individuals and businesses that give back to Nature every month, TreeSisters has so far funded the planting of over 26 million trees across 12 locations in Brazil, Borneo, Cameroon, India, Kenya, Mozambique, Madagascar, Nepal and West Papua.
We fund a diverse portfolio of tropical reforestation projects that are ethical, community-led, expand natural forest cover and aim to avoid further deforestation. Our projects support local communities and improve livelihoods, protect critically endangered species, and focus on gender parity and the participation of women. They are a direct and measurable way to restore the web of life and mitigate climate change. We actively encourage the cultural shift required to grow from a consumer to a restorative culture. We encourage feminine leadership by providing resources, experiences and communities that inspire personal and collective action on behalf of the trees.
To work in collaboration to build positive relationships..
To be honest and trustworthy in everything we do.
To transform knowledge into positive action.
To welcome all people and communities, regardless of where they are on the journey..
To inspire change and the protection of inherent rights.
We respect the planet's natural cycles and the seasons it brings. By aligning with them and choosing to work 'with' the natural energies rather than over-ride or dominate them, we find a stronger connection to nature.
Each day – no matter how imperfectly – we seek to create an organisational culture in which we listen to life, cooperate, and follow the wisdom of Nature's cyclical rhythms.
Restoration begins from within to create a place for our capacity to learn and centre nature in everything we do.
This is why we have created an organisational flow of activities that runs with the solar cycle; our work directly relates to the seasonal flow and its inherent support for specific activities. We also craft our weekly team planning around the lunar cycle so that our way of working deepens our connection to our cyclical nature instead of severing it.
As a UK Charity, we have developed five strategic objectives to guide us in fulfilling our Charitable Objectives:
1. Build a mutually supportive global network of Treesisters that 'owns' our mission
2. Inspire and support feminine leadership via shifting consciousness
3. Raise and channel funding into tropical reforestation and protection
4. Develop partnerships to accelerate reforestation and deliver on our mission
5. Become sector leaders in global reforestation and feminine leadership
1. Increasing Green Cover: To promote for the benefit of the public the conservation protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment by promoting biological diversity through increased green cover
2. Education and Leadership: To advance the education of the public in the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment, in particular, but not exclusively by the provision of training and support to encourage leadership and participation in the work of the charity and environmental protection in general, with a particular focus on women