Your June Newsletter ~ 18.7 million trees!
Total Trees Funded To Date: 18,713,733
Time seems to have flown and later this month we will be preparing for the solstice, the longest or shortest day of the year depending on which hemisphere you are reading this email from. We are here together, readying ourselves for the second half of 2021, looking at the wild possibility of what we can co-create. Already we have funded over 18.7 million trees, what can we dream of for the rest of the year?
“To be whole. To be complete. Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from.” ~ Terry Tempest Williams
This month you are invited to join us to…
- Celebrate the brilliance of our TreeSisters volunteers during Volunteer Week!
- Hear from Anne Marie Chomat, leader of a small grassroots organisation Buena Semilla creating safe spaces for women in this month’s Indigenous Wisdom for the Earth series
- Read our latest article from Suzi Steer as she tells us more about the things we are all learning from water and Nature
- Register for a three-month creative journey, Liberating Our Creative Voice for the Earth, beginning on the 18th of June
- Gather together for our Full Moon call happening on the 24th of June
On June 16th, for our Indigenous Wisdom for the Earth series, Terra Canova is speaking to Anne Marie Chomat, the leader of a small grassroots organisation in Guatemala, called Buena Semilla (Good Seed), holding at its heart the collective empowerment of women and girls living in marginalised, indigenous communities of the global South. Buena Semilla co-creates safe spaces for women to come together and empower one another, becoming agents of change in their lives, families and communities. This is accomplished through Women's Circles, and mentoring local women to rise up as leaders of Women's Circles and beyond.
If you are looking for a way to step deeper into the community this month, TreeSisters is calling you to bring your creative gifts forward on behalf of Earth. You are invited to join our 3-month Creative Journey, Liberating Our Creative Voice for Earth. We’ll begin with a Solstice ceremony live on Zoom on the 18th of June which will kick off our three-month journey facilitated by Kathleen, TreeSisters Artist Liaison and Community Engagement Coordinator. Register for the journey here.
Later in the month, there is another opportunity to gather as a community of TreeSisters for our June Full Moon call, hosted live by Clare Dubois. You are welcome to join whether you have attended every single TreeSisters Full Moon call and equally if you have never experienced these gatherings before. All are welcome! Come if you need to remember the fullness of your own heart given back to yourself.
- 'What we are learning from the waters and animals', an article written by Suzi Steer looking at the messages coming through from Nature’s Global Intelligence System
- Cali White, TreeSisters Business Partnerships Manager speaks to the Psychosynthesis Trust about her relationship with Nature and her journey towards TreeSisters
- Hear from Chantal and Jessie de Wainer of Ecopower International Initiative, an organisation that works to provide renewable power to indigenous families inside the Bosawas Biosphere
- 16th of June, sign up to hear from Anne Marie Chomat of Buena Semilla on our Indigenous Wisdom for the Earth series
- 18th of June, Liberating Our Creative Voice for the Earth begins another three-month journey, registration is now open!
- 24th of June, join Clare Dubois for our live Full Moon gathering
Did you know that your donations to TreeSisters are helping restore forest corridors in the Atlantic Forest of Brazil? You can find out more here!
Image credit to our reforestation partners WeForest.