Your September Newsletter
Total Trees Funded To Date: 19,726,610
With all of the disharmony and chaos happening in the world today, collective action feels more important than ever. Your gifts to the Earth and for the trees ARE more important than ever. Your love in action matters!
“If one suffers we all suffer. Togetherness is strength. Courage.” ~ Jean-Bertrand Aristide
This month you are invited into the togetherness of the TreeSisters community to…
- Gather to see exciting change-makers and speakers, plus help to raise funds for one million trees with The Shift Music Festival & Visionaries Summit, happening from the 17th to the 19th of September.
- Hear from Mukamba Watongoka Michel, Coordinator at the World Wide Initiative for Development / ‘Hands For The Little’. On the Indigenous Wisdom for the Earth series on the 8th of September.
- Join us for a nourishing and beautiful Full Moon gathering on the 21st of September.
As you have just heard from Cali’s video, from the 17th to the 19th of September, The Shift Music Festival & Visionaries Summit will be dedicated to funding one million trees with TreeSisters! The event is free to attend and brings together speakers, artists, music and panelists from around the world. All donations will go towards funding trees. Sign up and learn more here.
On the 8th of September, for the Indigenous Wisdom for the Earth series, we meet with Mukamba Watongoka Michel, Coordinator at the World Wide Initiative for Development / ‘Hands For The Little’. This group helps to represent the Pygmies of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The Pygmies are recognised as the first and oldest inhabitants of sub-Saharan Africa. Before colonisation, they occupied all of Central Africa. As a nomad culture, they were driven off the lands they lived upon. This continued and the repeated forced removals have resulted in the difficult living circumstances the Pygmies face today. Mukamba shares the history and the actions his group is taking to help these original people of Central Africa. Sign up to listen to the conversation here.
Finally, you are invited to join Abi Denyer-Berwick for our September Full Moon call, taking place on the 21st of September. This month, we will be gathering to find forgiveness through recognition of our ever-changing fluid nature, observing the ocean, recognising our tides and ever transitioning states. Sign up for the email invites and reminders here.
- If you missed your Seasonal Impact Report released last month, take a look at the impact you are having here.
- Abi Denyer-Bewick, talks live on Facebook about the benefits of gathering at the time of the full moon and using the power of embodied listening to connect to ourselves and others. Watch the video here.
- 8th of September, Join us for a conversion with Mukamba Watongoka Michel, Coordinator at the World Wide Initiative for Development / ‘Hands For The Little’ for our Indigenous Wisdom for the Earth series.
- 21st of September, gather for the next in the series of the nourishing Full Moon calls, sign up for email notifications for this series here.
- 3rd of October, Join Caroline and Anne for an Australia Spring Gathering at Black Hill in South Australia.
- 8th to 9th of October, Join Kerryn and Jaime of the TreeSisters Sydney Grove for an Australia Spring Gathering of joy, healing, connection and action on the land.
- 29th to 31st of October, Join Ursula and Paula for a weekend Australia Spring Gathering, of hands-on art activity, laughter, singing, a glorious group sound session, walks in Nature and more.
Partner Events featuring the TreeSister Team
- 4th September, listen in to hear Clare at the IUCN World Conservation Congress as she addresses potent questions posed by Indigenous People that they believe are necessary in order for us to build a more effective global culture of conservation that's truly rooted in the expertise held by local people. To find out more, please visit their website.
- 16th September Join us at A Greener Festival's Green Events & Innovations for Fearlessly Feminine: Earth Unleashed- a panel discussion with Pat McCabe, Khalila Mbowe, and Clare Dubois. Tickets can be purchased here.
- 17th to the 19th of September, Join Clare Dubois at the Shift Music Festival & Visionaries Summit. This is a free, online conference & music festival with 100+ speakers and music artists coming together to offer inspiration, deep transformative practices, powerful healing work, ecstatic music and real gameplans for change. Reserve your ticket today.
- 22nd of September, gather in Global Activation Circles for the Equinox Ceremony, for the protection and honouring of all water. Find out more here.
- 25th of September, TreeSisters is a partner of the Women’s Assembly for Climate Justice, find out more and register to attend here!
Did you know, your donations to TreeSisters help to fund mangrove forests in West Papua? Read more about this flourishing reforestation project here.
Image credit to Eden Reforestation Projects, our planting partner in West Papua