TreeSisters funds projects that generate the following impacts:
- Environmental impacts
- Expand natural forest cover
- Restore topsoil (land fertility)
- Restore and maintain watersheds
- Control soil erosion
- Avoid further deforestation and forest degradation of High Conservation Value Forests, and in particular Intact Forest Landscapes
- Socio-economic impacts
- Improve local culture and livelihoods
- Foster women's participation and empowerment
For more information, please visit:
¹ We follow the United Nations Development Programme’s definition of developing and emerging countries, which can be found at : http://hdr.undp.org/en/content/developing-regions.
² High Conservation Value Forest encloses: primary forests/old growth forests; High Conservation Value Forests; Intact Forest Landscapes; High Carbon Storage forests.
The application process is in two stages. Typically, this process is between one to two months.
Email your application to email@example.com. You may be called if your application is incomplete and/or for clarification by email.
The second stage for those projects that are being considered is an interview with the Reforestation Program Manager.
- First self-check your eligibility here.
- For more information, please read the Tree Funding Guide here.
There are no application deadlines or restrictions for applying/reapplying. We accept applications on a rolling basis. However, organisations that are not a current partner of TreeSisters will only submit one project application at a time until we make a decision.
- Download and complete the Application Form and a Budget Form.
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions please email email@example.com